Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Brief Statement of Belief

I thought a brief statement of my religious beliefs might be in order, as I do not wish to be accused of pushing an agenda. 

Here it is: I don’t have any religious beliefs, at least not that I’m willing to talk about. I do not attend any church. I have a personal philosophy, I do not feel compelled to tell anybody about it, nor make them adhere to it. I believe that each of us should find our own spiritual path, if we wish to do so.


I speak out in opposition to groups like the Jehovah’s Witnesses because I think they are an impediment to finding your own path. If, after careful consideration you want join such a religion, that is your choice, I’m here only to help you make an informed choice. I do cite the Bible as a source of authority when discussing the Witnesses, because they claim it as an authority. 

In short, it is not my intention to preach to you or convert you to something.  


No comments:

Post a Comment